ollow these guidelines to preserve the beauty of your floors:
• Do use cleaners that won’t leave a film or residue.
• Do use a professional hardwood floor cleaner to remove occasional scuffs and heel marks (just spray some cleaner on a cloth and rub the stained area lightly).
• Do clean sticky spots with a damp towel or sponge.
• Do minimize water exposure and clean spills immediately.
• Don’t wax a wood floor with a urethane finish.
• Don’t use ammonia cleaners or oil soaps on a wood floor — they’ll dull the finish and affect your ability to re-coat later.
• Don’t wet mop or use excessive water to clean your floor (wood naturally expands when it’s wet and can cause your floor to crack or splinter).